Important Points about Background Checks for IndyRBI:
- All adults that will be coaches, assistant coaches or team moms must submit to the background checks. This does not include grounds people, umpires, concession workers or league officials…only those with direct contact with children. Those of you that may be coaching an RBI Regional team this summer will be screened by MLB.
- PBI will cover the cost of the screenings.
- JD Palatine (JPD) is the company that will do the screenings. They will be looking for all criminal infractions, but particularly crimes against youth, violence and sex-related crimes.
- When the screening is complete, RBI will get a report for each person screened. All those green lighted will be allowed to coach immediately.
- No one will be allowed to coach in any setting until he or she has passed the background check. There will be no exceptions. RBI will eventually set a cut-off date to have all background checks started.
Click here to get started: http://www.indyrbi.org.com/volunteer